An opportunity has arisen for a part-time caseworker to join Wayne David MP’s team in his busy constituency office in Bedwas. The postholder will be expected to provide advice and support to constituents on a range of issues, through liaison with government agencies, local authorities, health trusts, and a variety of organisations.
The post will be for 3 days per week, but may require occasional evening or weekend working.
• Assist at surgeries and other constituency meetings;
• Deal with standard enquiries, as well assisting in more complex cases, from members of the public;
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are progressed;
• Draft correspondence to Government Departments, or other organisations, and responses to constituents;
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially, and accurately in line with Data Protection legislation;
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, and confidentially;
• Establish, monitor and update a social media and on-line presence in the constituency;
• Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a senior colleague, ensuring that enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to prioritise, manage own workload;
• Demonstrable initiative;
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines;
• Confident to speak with key local stakeholders;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
• Good customer service skills – ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner;
• Able to work well individually and as part of a team.
• Understanding of the role of an MP, and of government;
• Understanding of the implications of devolution;
• Previous casework experience;
• Driving licence;
• Welsh speaking.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
The salary will be in accordance with IPSA guidelines and is expected to be in the range of £15,000 – £16,200pa, based on experience.
Closing Date: 9 February 2021
Friday, 19 February 2021 by Zoom.
Subject to succesful references and completion of MSVO checks.
Although based in the constituency office, initially there will be an element of remote working due to coronavirus restrictions.
Please send your CV with a covering letter setting out why you think you woud be suitable for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide details of two people willing to provide a reference – if previously employed this should include your last employer.
For more information please contact Dave Bezzina on email@example.com or 029 2088 1061.